Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Great Adventure (and by great I mean I wish it hadn't happened)

Hey everyone,

Yesterday was quite a day! The crew didn't show up for my flight out of St. Louis, so the flight was delayed while they found a replacement. Well, because of this I missed my flight to Munich, and now I'm sitting in a hotel in Washington, D.C. It's quite an adventure trying to re-book a plane ticket, and it involves a lot of walking and several hours of waiting. But it's done now! I'm heading to the airport in a few hours and catching a flight to Zurich, and then on to Split, Croatia and Mostar just one day late.

I'm actually kind of glad I got to spend the night in a bed, shower, and rest up a little. I just wish I could have seen a little more of the capital... I had a voucher for the hotel restaurant, where I got the most scrumptious fish and chips ever. I'm enjoying a little quiet time here in my room before heading back to the airport in a couple of hours. Don't know for sure when I'll have an internet connection again, but probably not for a few days. I know I didn't get to say goodbye to everyone I would have liked to, and I apologize for that, and I hope to be in contact soon.

With love,
Leah

2 comments:

jane m. said...

Dear Leah-
Your Mom gave me your blog address. I had heard about your missed-flight adventure. I felt so badly for you that you had to arrive a day late. Glad to know that everything has turned out okay. Hope you feel like you've caught up. I bet the jetlag is still tough. Hang in there. say hello to Andy!

Jessica said...

I'm so sorry to hear of all the trouble :( I'm SO glad you are there safe and sound. I'm praying for you...keep us updated!!